Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Last month on the 28th of october, I went on this cool Scout camp, I was away for about 2 days, and neither my Mum or my Dad were there, so I actually cried when I saw their faces again. We arrived at the campsite at about 6:30 PM, and it took us 5 hours to set up all the tents, and boy was it exhausting, and one kid even went around chasing me with a small mallet! We were camping on a privite farm belonging to a scout leader, so there were cowpats everywhere, yuck! We were camping with another scout troup, so there was a line of tents belonging to them not too far away from our tents.

Every night and morning, we had a campfire going, and one night we even got to roast marshmellows, using real sticks, except one time one of my marshmellows fell off my stick and into the fire, one of the scouts even said that after the marshmellow fell into the fire it looked like a poo! LOL! On the first day, after we had breakfast, we pack some lunch and went for a hike up the mountain, we even went up on top of this viewing tower that broke through the top of the trees, and it was so tall that if we rocked back and forth while holding the railing, the whole tower would wobble!

Once, we cooked our food on fires, my group cooked hand-made kebabs, and after several hopeless attemps to get the cooking fire going, it was so hot hot that the moment one of the kebabs was dropped on the oil-covered pan it caught fire, now that's what I call speed-cooking! After cooking the first two kebabs it was decided that we would remove some of the firewood that still had parts that weren't burning. On the last day of camp, we all got together and built a merry-go-round out of logs and rope, and it worked beautifuly! Before I left home, I had to bring some home cooking, so I spent over an hour baking cookies, and I did it all by myself, I even used the oven! I was allowed a day of relaxing after I got hoome, that way I could recover, and on the day I got back, Dad had dumped a bag of cool stuff from the Armageddon Expo, he got me: 3 T-shirts, two gold-coloured coins with the face of medusa carved into them, 2 packs of gum, two rubber wristbands, and a packet of scoffs. That night, Dad and I went out and set off some fireworks Dad got while he was up in Auckland. It was all quite fun, so I would be okay if another camp like this happened again.

No comments: