

At Castlepoint last weekend I went to a sleepover with the cub scouts. It was very cool, there were lots of kids (but I was the only one from the West End group), and what was even cooler was that we stayed in a bunk house near the beach. Ever since I heard about the sleepover I was bouncing with excitement, and when we got there I was delighted to hear that we were going down to the beach to go sliding down a giant sand dune, and I got a good view of the lighthouse.

However, while trying to take some photos some sand got stuck in the camera so it started to play up, in fact Dad is still trying to fix it, so I hope it gets fixed soon so I can keep taking more photos. While on the beach I learned that the ocean I was seeing was the Pacific Ocean, as a matter of fact I was quite excited for I had never seen it before.

When I saw the lighthouse I was really quite amazed by its looks, and immediately a voice in my head said “Wow, that thing is awesome!”

That night we had a delicious meal of fish and chips with boiled vegetables, and for dessert we had ice-cream, and I had three servings of hokey-pokey, then we all played some games, which is when I got to play some Lego Starwars on someone’s Nintendo DS. After that the leaders decided to take us for a night walk down to a place with lots of big boats around, and there we saw something funny. It was a pole covered in sandals and it had a plank on it that read “The Home Of Lost Soles.” When we went back I was quite disappointed because I had had so much fun, and the only thing comforting me was my lunch (which was a bread roll, a brunch bar, a coconut slice and two packets of chips). I hope that there is another cub sleepover in the future because it was awesome (despite having to come home early due to bad weather)!!!!!!
A video I took (warning: no sound) of the sand dune sliding:
1 comment:
ahhahahha..... well, no wonder you got sand in the camera! That was some pretty wild sliding!
Similar to our snow sledding here in Canada.... only... we sure wouldn't want to have rocks at the bottom of our hills...because ..... sometimes we get going too fast to stop until we slide out a bit further at the bottom....
I've enjoyed reading several of your postings..... and..may say...good on ya....learning to cook! Next you can start up a cooking blog as well....
Post a Comment