Today Gordy was awesome! I have been having trouble with the wireless networking connection to the office, so out of sheer frustration I decided to make use of some of the holes the previous tenants have made in the ceilings (I assume to run TV aerial cables around) to run a wired connection to the office from the broadband modem in the dining area.
After purchasing a 35m cable, I shoved it up a hole into the attic cavity, and sent Gordy up through the access hatch. Sure enough, he was able to grab the cable, and following instructions REALLY well, he ran that cable down the length of the house and into the cupboard in the office, where I took hold and figured out how much to pull through, plus a bit extra to allow for awkward corners.
So, some pocket money earned, some 'proud' earned as well... and a great job done. Not grizzles, no hassle, no fuss. He had great fun, but wasn't too keen on those cobwebs all over his face and clothes when he made his exit. -lol-
Well done son, and thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment